Monday 30 January 2023

MONDAY MUSINGS

 I am currently on a little lag between projects - so January has been all taking time to get back into a good flow again and about catching up with admin and just rearranging my life somewhat.  Taking stock.  When things get busy I always find that I don't take the same time to start my day mindfully - and reflecting on the past year I can see clearly how that impacted things somewhat.  Now that I have a bit more time I am building on a new solid foundation - so when things start to pick up again I'll be able to continue in this manner and flow.

This will also help me to have a more mindful approach to projects and clients alike. By starting the day more mindfully - with intention, with meditation and prayer I am allowing myself to come back into alignment with what is meant for me.  And what is not meant for me will pass me by.  I am surrendering control and trusting .... and quietly on the sidelines building on my inner world so I can be strongly rooted - yet flow without being uprooted.  And that means looking after myself and my wellness first.

There is a beautiful quote from 'The Tao Of Woman' 

24 Grounded

'Stretching herself too thin, she breaks her connections. Staying too busy, she has no time.  Doing for others she neglects herself.

Defining herself only through others, she looses her own definition.

The wise woman waters her own garden first.'

Not all projects and not all clients are meant for us - and when we are in a more intuitive flow we are able to discern, our intuition will guide us and projects will flow accordingly.  On the other hand the opposite is also true - sometimes we say yes to projects or people, when deep down we can feel our gut instinct saying N O.  Have you experienced that as well in your life or career or a project or relationship.  Would love to hear some insights from your experiences and how that has impacted your approach now.

I also decided to get back into blogging again - to share inspiration, and random thoughts, bits and pieces of my work - some mindfulness reminders and anything that might pop in for me to share out into the world.  It would definitely still be more about architecture and inspiring interiors - but blended with a more mindful approach ... it might even become 'The Psychology of Space' 

Who knows what the future might hold - but today I am feeling somewhat inspired...

With love

Lindé x

No comments:

Post a Comment