Tuesday 17 January 2012

MOOD BOARD - IT IS WHAT IT IS


For my interior design class last night we had to create a mood board with our favorite interiors - but bearing in mind the client brief for a project we're working on in class.  The board was quite well received.

I was fortunate to already have many inspiring interiors on my Pinterest Profile - but also lucky to have found a great Danish Photography website which perfectly captured my ideas for the space.  I spent most of the week-end on this one piece.  But it's something I totally love doing and I am very happy with the final results.

What I tried to capture.....

I love crisp fresh almost clinical whites in a light and bright space - add a tad of industrial charm - with the warmth of natural wood and just a tad of colour.  I love this deep azure blue, and think that it will be quite a prominent colour this year.  It works well with the whites and is subtle enough to not be totally distracting.

I love a bit of contrast - and have added some stark black images to really add some drama and perhaps a bit of grandeur.  Light and brightness of the space is vital, and there are some interesting lighting to choose from.  You might notice the Norm Raft Table in one image and a raft stool in another.

These images does really speak to me - all of them have something I totally love - there is nothing that I do not like.

No comments:

Post a Comment