Sunday 1 July 2012

SAN GIORGIO, MYKONOS - RUSTIC CHARM



A most dreamy and swoon worthy newly refurbished hotel in Mykonos!  The concept of San Giorgio Mykonos: and I quote "Today sophisticated travellers are looking for the truth of their individual needs, which is relaxing from their daily life and just being themselves. The idea of San Giorgio Mykonos is to bring like-¬minded people together in a laid¬back atmosphere. The hotel is designed to encourage interaction and yet giving those who looking for a more private atmosphere the refuge to relax and recreate"

Everything is aesthetically pleasing and inviting, so much attention has been given even to the finest of details, but so much so it almost blends into the background - the authenticity is remarkable.  Love the all white, soft grey and natural wood, lots of built in features and benches, comfy holiday spaces - got lots of inspiration and ideas here.

And nice to see a beautiful polished concrete bathroom, that wooden ladder is on my wishlist! 

It's Rustic and Grecian with a slight Moroccan twist - and I am very much in favor of this very Mediterranean combination of styles.  It's beautiful and subtle and I'd love to holiday here sometime soon!  Those hammocks and lovely shaded terraces and verandas, hanging chairs and soft bright cushions and rugs, and the crisp white curtains waving softly in the breeze.... and those bright blue swimming pools! 

As for my own week-end getaway.... seems like after all this time, I have finally came up with a design that I am happy with and that will fit my holiday needs - but also enough space for visiting family and friends.  And keeping it moderate and small, with a real holiday feel - will post some drawing in the coming weeks. 

I guess I better start saving then.... 

Have a good week everyone!

Originally spotted via the style files (travel files)

Images via

No comments:

Post a Comment