Friday 10 October 2014

HAPPY FRIDAY - MY SOLO WEEKEND





And this will be my weekend motto... Slow down and enjoy the simple pleasures in life...  I am having a much needed me weekend, oh the luxury of having no commitments or timings to stick to.  I have made some plans and I'm rather looking forward to them.

These past few months have flown by like an absolute whirlwind, most enjoyable and fun all the business and being sociable and out and about.  But in the act of being so actively busy I often find I loose myself half the time, and loose sight a little bit of my journey. On the other hand just being and enjoying and going with the flow is also part of the journey and I do believe it is important to actively participate in life.

This weekend I have chosen to spend some time on my own, had a nice long run after work, found some lush new music on Spotify,  cooked a lush supper while listening to 'Renaissance - The Mix Collection by Gui Boratta', a little bit of dance music never did any harm! and watched a bit of naff TV.   Tomorrow will be early risings and another run or a swim; it just clears my head in so many ways, all the random thoughts suddenly disappear and it's just my breathing, my heart beating and the sound of my feet on the path.   Trying to relax while running, relaxing my breathing,  relaxing my heart beat, relaxing in each step I'm taking. Somehow by being relaxed your body can push through so much better.  The same rings true on an emotional level, by allowing ourselves to be relaxed in a complicated situation or matter, we allow ourselves to come to a more natural understanding and ultimately the decisions me make will come from a more calm and considered space.

An early start will allow me so much more day as well. I want to wonder East and walk slowly through London Fields, breathe in the crisp autumn air and feel the chill on my skin, when it's quiet and with only a few other early risers around and some crows marching on the wet grass.  I will head over to Broadway market for slow coffee while watching the people go by.  Each in their own little universe of happiness or sorrow, love or love lost, rushing around or just taking a gentle stroll.

 I have a bit of work to do on a project and I find that by sometimes being in a different environment it can sometimes inspire more creativity and freedom in design.  I am hoping to capture some moments of my solo weekend; sadly my mobile phone went in for repairs and I will have to remember to take my little digital camera out with me.  I want to be back home by midday and reorganise my wardrobe... Summer out, winter in and I'm keen to lighten my wardrobe by at least a third!  But at the same time I want to appreciate my time and not feel rushed to get back either. ..

Taking some time out to read a new book 'the untethered soul by Michael A Singer' with the afternoon sun streaming into my room.
So far an interesting read, with many pages reread as I didn't quite grasp it the first time round.  Definitely worth exploring if you're interested in mindfulness and having a better understanding of who we really are. And how we can become free to live purposeful lives..... more to follow!

Have you all got lots happening or are there some of you who will be taking some time out also?  However you spend it, I hope you'll have an enjoyable time and do remember to be present and experience each moment, capture it in your hearts. Moments pass and you may not be in a position to revisit or relive them again as well as you can while they are actually happening.  Share the things you want to say People come and people go, have happy times with those you encounter along the way.  And when it's time to move on, do so gracefully and set yourself free without breaking the strings

Enjoy
encourage
and
embrace

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment