Monday 23 June 2014

BREATHE IT ALL OUT





I need some inspiration, I need some direction and I need a new purpose... but where does one start?

Have you ever felt like that?  Well this is exactly where I am - smack bang in the middle of 'uninspired-land' and its a very foreign place for me to have my mind wonder into that dark abyss.  Drifting drifting deeper into the dark....

So before I get pulled any further into that dark unknown place - I will try to stop myself, take a deep breath in, close my eyes and then just breath it all out.  When I feel like this, I know that I need to just be still, take some time out, don't fight against whatever it is that is happening; and at the same time, I must not allow that this phase take away my inner joy.  Always always always hold on to the joy, because there is so much to be grateful for, so much to still make you smile; even in the midst of a mini mental melt-down.  

When I feel like this, I normally imagine myself in a little rowing boat in the middle of lake or sometimes in the middle of the ocean; and instead of rowing madly for the shore - I just lie down on my back and look up at the clouds in the skies and drift gently to wherever the streams or waves will wash me next.  This imaginary place often helps to calm my mind ever so gently, so I guess that's exactly where I'll be heading next....

If you sometimes also feel like this, try to find an image or create your own beautiful place of calm and still - and whenever your mind starts to wonder or pull you into a thousand different directions, go to that place of calm and still; imagine the sounds around you, imagine the feeling of a soft breeze on your skin,  a sudden splash; and slowly you will unknowingly gather your thoughts and your courage and gently pull your mind back from it's wonderings ....

And once you're back in a good place again, be good to yourself, and be gentle with yourself; but start doing something,  start making lists - look at the things that need to change in your life,  get a new routine into place,  un-clutter your space, do something nice just for you.... just take one day at a time

And always remember - you are not alone ... 
and always remember - you will pull through this ...
and always remember - things somehow always work out in the end...
I truly believe they do

x

Images via Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. THANK YOU for this. Exactly what I am feeling right now. I need to find my place of stillness. Maybe it will cure my insomnia too, which is swiftly getting me to a point of crazy.

    ReplyDelete