Thursday 31 October 2013

NEON POPS IN 1960s VILLA REMODEL BY Amélie – CARPENTRAS FRANCE


I know I may have said this before...... but I may have found my perfect dream home - located near Carpentras, in France - Interior Designer Amélie has beautifully transformed this 1960's villa.  Amélie has a natural eye for the hip and the original and managed to create a modern, if monochrome yet colourful casual home.

The touches of neon throughout the property adds that wow factor we all strive so hard to achieve, yet she seems to have done this rather seamlessly and without effort.  Like it was just always supposed to be like that.  It feels lovely and lived in and naturally un-styled.  

I love the open fireplace and the polished cement finishes on the walls and shower surround and stairs. And I love how very Scandinavian this all fells.

Most of all I love the neutral and natural palette; the use of wood to soften what could be a rather monochrome space and the element of fun she has maintained throughout.  Beautiful or shall I rather say tres jolie!

Via french by design
Images Henry del Olmo

No comments:

Post a Comment