Wednesday 19 June 2013

M11 HOUSE, HOCHIMINH BY A21 STUDIO


M11 house is located in a residential suburb of HoChiMinh and thoughtfully designed by a21studio.  By using natural materials such as wood and stone, and incorporating sky-lights and well placed small internal courtyards; the architect successfully created a sanctuary for the clients to unwind from the hustle and bustle and noise and pollution from the city.

Most rooms in the house will either have views or would open up onto one of the many courtyards, even the bathrooms have outside areas or rock gardens to create a feeling of oneness with nature.  I love this kind of design.  This also feels like a very safe house, yet it is not totally enclosed.  It still allows for views out over the neighbourhood, but wooden screens keep the internal spaces cool and well protected from the humid summertimes.

Beautiful concrete floors and wall finishes and even in the bathrooms - I wish I could visit this house and really feel the space.  I love everything about it!  I am planning another little visit to Vietnam later on this year and perhaps I'll spend a bit more time in HoChiMinh this time round.   And perhaps stumble on some more great architecture finds between now and then. 

Having looked at some of a21studio's other works - I am excited to also add them to my list of favourites.  Unfortunately I could not access their website - but the link above is correct as far as I am aware.

Back to the drawing board for me - with lots of new found inspiration for my very own project in a small town called Darling on the west coast of South Africa....  I hope this dream won't stay a dream for very long, and I hope it will soon become a reality... soon indeed

Have an inspired day everyone!


Images via CONTEMPORIST

No comments:

Post a Comment