Thursday 11 October 2012

DREAMY WHITE SCANDINAVIAN HOUSE

After a short absence from the blogsphere (and I do apologize for the lack of inspiring posts these last few weeks)(and I do promise to explain soon the reason behind it...)(it all being good news I may add...) I am back, and hopefully this time round no more long absences!
I thought as autumn evenings draw near, and with winter around the corner - these inviting images of a beautiful and warm Scandinavian home will just do the trick to get everyone in the mood for those long wintry nights in front of a roaring fire!

White is often seen as stark or even sterile - and it could be everything but warm and inviting.  Yet I feel there's a certain 'lived-in-homeliness' when dreaming about the home above.  I love the stack of neatly packed logs, the children's room is fun and exciting amongst the otherwise pristine space.

Some grey's and browns in the 2nd last image really adds a nice touch of warmth

via 79ideas
http://www.79ideas.org/2012/04/dreamy-scandinavian-house.html



No comments:

Post a Comment