Tuesday 29 November 2011

HOUSE IN SAKA BY SUPPOSE DESIGN OFFICE

Another interesting recent project from the Suppose Design Office in Tokyo. I particularly like the floating concrete stairs as you enter the house via a small courtyard.  I also like the variety of enclosed courtyard spaces with some greenery and life.  Beautiful natural finishes- glass, wood and concrete.

The singular tree growing from one of the courtyards creates a central feature and can be seen from various rooms as well the bathroom.

I still prefer having big glass windows looking out onto the world outside - but I can appreciate their architecture and approach is an inward focus and to exclude the outside world in this haven of a home.

I am always inspired by the work of the Suppose Design Office and cannot wait to see what amazingness they'll be creating next!

via http://www.dezeen.com/

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree, great space, but missing big windows, otherwise, love!
    x katrina
    http://dotdot-dash.com

    ReplyDelete